Any message must be in a thread. When creating a message you will always have to define first the thread required information, meaning the customers you want to communicate with.
After that, you will be able to write an email exactly like you would do in your email client.
- To: The contacts you want to send the message to. You can select one or more customer’s contacts.
- CC: The contacts you want to send a copy of the message to. You can select one or more customer’s contacts.
- BCC: The contacts you want to send a blind copy of the message to. You can select one or more customer’s contacts.
- Subject: The subject of the message.
- Body: The body of the message. Rich text (bold, italic, etc) is not supported for security reasons.
- Attachments: You can attach files to the message. The maximum size of each file is 10MB.
Saving and sending messages
Messages can only be in two states:
- Draft: The message is not sent yet and can be edited by any agent having access to the thread.
- Sent: The message was sent or is in the outbox. A message can take up to one minute before to be sent.
Just before sending a message, you can decide if the thread must remain open or change to waiting / reminder. If you write “Hi, we received your request we will reply to you soon”, you will not want the thread to change to waiting for customer reply.
From Algoreg sidebar, you can go to Go!Chat > Templates to create and manage your templates.
A template can be one of the following types:
- Signature: A signature is a text that will be added at the end of each message.
- Receipt: A receipt is a text that will be added at the beginning of the mail receipt sent to end-user who use the chat web widget.
- Template: A template is a message that can be used as a base to create a new message. You can use variables in the template that will be replaced by the real value when the template is used to create a new message.
Templates will be personalised when selected in the message creation form. You can use the following variables in your templates:
|The customer external ID|
|The customer first name|
|The customer middle name|
|The customer last name|
|The customer company name|
|The customer trading name|
|The customer full name generated from all the available names|
|The customer domicile code (3 letters)|
|The customer nationality code (3 letters)|
|The agent full name|
|The agent email|
|The current date|
|Instances a Go!Vid session (and URL) based on a scenario. These variables are dynamically computed to present your enabled Go!Vid scenarios.|